January Background

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I guess I didn't keep up with this...(SPAIN video)

I guess I didn't keep up with this blog as I intended, but I hope to do better from here onward. (yeah right, I know myself) I'll just say that I'll do the best I can. ;-)

A LOT has happened in the past 10 months. One of the biggest was that Jake and I were selected to the USA National Karate Team and traveled to Punta Umbria, Spain for the WKA World Championships. We traveled from October 25- November 3rd, and had a great time.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Spain 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Another big event that occurred was the death of my husband's Aunt Jerry. It was really a shock. She was 83 years old, but doing rather well. She passed away sitting on her front porch watching the sunrise. How perfect was that???

Along with dealing with the sadness of her death, we found out that my husband was to become the Trustee of her 420 acre farm in Arkansas - 11 hours from home. My husband is up to his eyeballs in the logistics of this, and we have a lot of decisions to make. One thing I do know is that Halen and Vader LOVE spending time on the property.




The boys have switched to using the Texas Virtual Academy for school this year. It's a public school option completed at home online. It's great because Halen has instructors for all of his classes, lightening the load on his good ole mom. Some classes I just don't want to have to learn all over again.
We are now getting ready for another Merry Christmas. The house is decorated, the stockings are hung, the shopping's even done. Now, if I could just find the Spirit....
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment