That's what time I conquered the beast! The beast of a chair that is!!!
I started with the first cut yesterday morning.
I then figured out welting. It was probably the easiest part of the entire project, although it made it look the most finished.
I had the hardest time deciding the order of how to put the pieces together. It was like a huge jigsaw puzzle, and it often had me stumped. I had written all over the original pieces, but it was still confusing...
Here I have the back and arms complete.
I was determined to finish the front cushions last night. I think they were the hardest part of the entire chair.
I was able to figure out the puzzle part of the back cushions last night, but I left the rest for today.
Today's challenge was sewing the front cushion panels onto the welting of the back and arms. And it was a CHALLENGE!!! I had everything lined up. It was going to be difficult "finagle-ing" the welting to the front pieces, but I bucked up and decided I could do it.
Until.......my Wallyworld sewing machine decided IT was done! I couldn't believe it! I only had about 4 feet of sewing left, and my machine decides not to cooperate!
I was livid.
Angry as a hornet and nearly in tears - I stomped off and told my hubby that I was DONE!!! Someone else was just going to have to finish the project, and we'd just have mis-matched RV chairs.
As I fumed, he quietly asked if there were any sewing machines shops nearby...If maybe his tailor could just sew that last piece...If any of my friends might have machines capable...If he should run, hide, and never come back.... Poor guy. I think I scared him! :~}
Anyway, after walking away and giving my brain some time to think (and a quick call to my mom), I came back and took my machine apart, cleaned it, performed an exorcism and VIOLA!
The only thing left was the seat cushion. No problem by this time...
I can't believe I pulled it off - even with my Wallyworld sewing machine!
Only one more chair and a couch to go!