January Background

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Getting My Christmas On!

I am totally ready for CHRISTMAS!!!  Well, not in the "the house is all decorated and the presents are all purchased" kind of way, but...

What I am READY for is Christmas songs to play everyday and drinking the occasional Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks!

Here are some of my favs for setting the festive mood in our house. (you can click on any of the titles to follow a link to hear a sample of the song)

Christmas/Sarajevo - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Christmas Canon - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
(I love the anything Trans-Siberian and the purity of Boy's Choirs get me everytime...)

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Andy Williams

Please Come Home for Christmas - Eagles

The Holly and the Ivy - George Winston
Classic!

Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt

I Believe in Father Christmas - Emerson, Lake & Palmer

The Bells of Christmas - Loreena McKennitt
from The Santa Claus movie

Christmas All Over Again - Tom Petty

Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney

Baby, It's Cold Outside
ELF!

Santa Claus is Comin' to Town - Bruce Springsteen

The Chipmunk Song Christmas Don't Be Late

Can't Believe It's Christmas - Veggie Tales

Christmas Time Is Here - Vince Guaraldi
Charlie Brown Christmas!

You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch

The Shape of Things to Come - James Horner
The Grinch!

Snoopy vs. the Red Baron

Christmastime - Smashing Pumpkins

Christmas Song - Dave Matthews

I Saw Three Ships - STING
(Dare I mention, I LOVE Sting???)

Christmas All Over Again - Tom Petty

Only You Can Bring Me Cheer

Gee Whiz, It's Christmas - Carla Thomas

Silver Bells - Relient K
a rock twist to a classic

Santa Claus is Coming to Town (New Wave Version)

Remember - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Faith Noel - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Yep, basically anything from Trans-Siberian is great.
The 12 Days of Christmas - Straight No Chaser
If you haven't seen this, you've gotta click on the link above

Hark the Herald Angels Sing - Straight No Chaser

Auld Lang Syne - Straight No Chaser
Why yes, I do love a cappella, why do you ask???


We also love the Charlie Brown Christmas, Polar Express, Home Alone and Elf soundtracks, Bing Crosby, and many more.  I hope you can find a few new songs above to cheer your house from now until the 25th.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment