January Background

Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Christmas Meme

A Christmas Meme


1. Hot Chocolate or apple cider?

Hot Chocolate with mini-marshmallows, please.

2. Turkey or Ham?

Ham

3. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree?

Love a real tree, but the ones down here are pitiful, so fake it is.

4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
Lights and a few other things

5. Snowball fights or sleddin'?

Sledding as fast as possible

7. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
Yeah, no...

8. Favorite Christmas song?
The Holly and the Ivy

10. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
Love them! Funny, serious, cartoon or made for TV, classic or new - love them!

11. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
Christmas music starts here the day after Thanksgiving.

12. Stockings before or after presents?
Before of course.

13. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them?
I would if any were to come by...

14. Go to someone else's house or they come to you?
Ever since having kids, the grandparents come to us.  It makes Christmas day soooo much easier, plus I get to make my house smell good by cooking Christmas dinner.

15. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when?
My husband ALWAYS reads The Christmas Story to us right before the boys head to bed.  Cookies and milk are set out, lights are dimmed, and we snuggle in for this tradition.

16. What do you do after presents and dinner?
Our present opening time comes early in this house, so we dive in to a big Christmas breakfast and play with our goodies.

17. What is your favorite holiday smell?
Peppermint mocha coffee from Starbucks...is that bad???

18. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
Ice skating.

19. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day?
We always open our Christmas ornament for the year on Christmas Eve.  Everything else waits for Christmas morning.

20. Favorite Christmas memory?
I was always quite the tomboy growing up, and one Christmas my dad bought me a big set of toy cars and trucks.  My mom was livid, but I LOVED them!

21. Favorite Part about winter?
I loved the stillness of a winter morning after a snow when we lived up north.  Down here, I just love the break from the mosquitoes.

22. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
You know what? I don't think I have....may have to correct that this year.

Feel free to post your answers in my "Comments" section or use the meme on your own blog.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment